eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: Back and ready

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Back and ready

I just got back to Knoxville yesterday. It was fun spending the week with the family in Houston. I got what seems to be good news in Houston. I definately have Hyper Eosinophilic Syndrome. It is great to have a definite name for it. It is a disease of the bone marrow...not the stomach. It is just affecting my stomach. HES is a very rare disease and there are three types of it. Of course I have the rarest type of the three. One is a type of leukemia...which I don't have. The second is an allergic reation...which I don't have. The third is somewhere between the two. More than an allergy, but less than leukemia.
I am starting a new medicine that looks promising in a couple of weeks. It is a mild form of chemotherapy. I have to give myself a shot once a week. There are a lot of possible side effects and I could experience all or none of them.
Everything gets going this week. I have meetings all day at UT for the new software that they are using for the math classes that I am teaching. Classes start Wednesday. I have a lot to do for the new business and YoungLife leadership weekend is this weekend. I am excited about it all though. Not really any funny stories lately. I am sure that they are soon to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home