eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: Standard day

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Standard day

What's up, everybody?!?
Today was the first day of the second session of summer school. So I was standing in front of my new class and introducing myself. I handed out the syllabus and talked a little about the class. Near the end of class I went to change my weight to my right foot. I am wearing flip flops and my big toe comes down on the leg of my desk. And for some reason that took a huge hunk out of my toe. So two minutes later when i dismiss class, my shoe is completely covered in blood...Thank you blood thinners. Then I realize that I forgot my belt for my suit for my job interview and I have to drive home. But the bridge to my house is under construction...as it will be for the next two months...and I have to wait forever.
So I am running late for my job interview. I get there in time, but not with enough time to prepare a 10 minute lecture that i was supposed to. So I wing it and just go for it.
But on the way to the interview my luck changed. I found out that my biopsies were fine, which is great, but I am having to go to Houston in a month to have some tests run.
After the interview, which went great and they "unofficially" offered me the job, I find out that the fifth and final person offered the job at UT, TURNED IT DOWN and they offered me the job. So i went from no job to having two in an hour. So I have officially accepted the job at UT, and I will be a full time instructor there in the fall. God is good...and hilarious....He just has to keep me in check by making me sweat occasionally.

Until the next story...

TP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home