eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: 3 car pile up

Thursday, October 09, 2008

3 car pile up

This crazy story happened to me this summer when I wasn't updating this blog regularly, so I thought I would repost it here. I posted it the first time on facebook.

So. Here's what happened. Monday I was meeting a couple of guys at the YoungLife house. I got there about 30 minutes early. My cell phone was out of battery, so I left my car running to charge it. If you are familiar with the YoungLife house, I was in the first parking spot by the back door. I went inside. 20 minutes later, I went back outside to get my phone and to turn off my car. I opened the door and while standing in the doorway, reached in and turned off the ignition. I pulled out the keys and turned to walk away. But as soon as I pulled out the keys, the car popped out of park and started rolling. My immediate reaction was to try to jump in the car to stop it. But the car was already rolling too fast for that to be possible. I then tried to abandon ship. The problem was that the car was rolling backward and I was trapped by the door. I tried to outrun the car so that I could run around the door, but I couldn't. I kept getting slammed in the back by the open door. There were two cars parked at the bottom of the hill about 20 or so feet apart. The only other cars in the whole lot. The car curved out and back around and brushed my passenger side against the front bumper of a minivan, ripping off half the bumper. This slowed down the car enough for me to give it one last effort to get away. But no, after losing contact with the minivan, it sped back up and the door hit me very hard and knocked me forehead first to the ground underneath my moving car. The driver side front tire ran over my left foot and then the car slammed into a camry before coming to a complete stop. The way the three cars were alligned it really was like hitting a 7-10 split in bowling, only with cars. The story was so outrageous that the cops kept questioning me, because they didn't believe that it could have happened that way. I came out from under the car as the two women who had just had their parked cars crashed came out from the day care center where they worked. I am covered in blood and they freak out.

Had an MRI Thursday and I have a class 3 sprain of my left ankle, fractured tibia, and torn meniscus. My doctor is out of town until next week, so I don't know if and when I will need surgery, but my physical therapist said that he would be really surprised if I didn't require surgery. I'm wearing a boot and am on crutches and popping pain pills like candy.

Who else do you know that could get run over by their own car in a parking lot alone and turn it into a 3 car pile up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home