eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: new school year

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

new school year

I just started what will most likely be my last year as a YoungLife leader. I am praying for direction, but it seems very likely that as these guys that I have walked with for four years graduate in May, I will move on as well. I have been a leader for 9 years now, so this is quite a step for me. I've been thinking about it a ton and have very mixed emotions about it. There have been times when God has blessed me by allowing me to see some of the fruits of my efforts in this ministry and there have been times where it seems like a lot of work for nothing. Those times require great faith in trusting that seeds are being planted and that God is indeed working in the hearts of those who don't know Him.

So I've been pretty discouraged lately and my heart has been burdened for the kids I know who have just missed the truth completely. Some of them are aware of the emptiness in their hearts and some of them have no clue. They are going on living seemingly happy lives at times, totally unaware of the fact that they are incomplete. There are so few Senior guys in this group that get it. The vast majority don't understand at all that they are making horrible decisions that are going to affect them for many years to come. They think that what they are doing is insignificant and I just want to get in their face in order to protect them. I've got one final year with them, but I just feel like I've done and said all I can do and say. I'm praying often that God will open their eyes to the reality of the lives they are living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home