eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: good news

Monday, August 29, 2005

good news

Tonight my nurse at MD Anderson called with good news. They got permission from the drug company for me to take prednisone (steroids) with the chemo. My form of leukemia responds well to steroids. They are a short term fix. So they should make the chemo much more tolerable this round. I restarted the chemo tonight. Pray that this round is smoother than last.

I also built a coffee table tonight. Yeah, that's right...i actually made a functioning piece of furniture. These steroids give me WAY too much energy. In the past few weeks, I have read three books, painted two paintings, built the coffee table...not sure what the next project is.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey To!
Wes and I received your letter, and have been praying for you. We want you to know how much we love and care for you. You have impacted our lives, and we are so glad that God saw fit to give us your friendship. We rejoice that you are able to be on the steroids during chemo. Hey, if you are ever in need of an indoor water fight just let me know! We love you...Wes and Alison Sharp

 
At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

steriods...chemo...that's all I hear about ;)

Hey guess what gas is like a million dollars a gallon... And I've got to drive back to Tennessee on Monday...how's that for "I hate my life..."

and now I have to go to bed... because I'm tired of looking at words (I've been reading Shakespeare all afternoon...*chokes and swallows the dinner that was making it's second appearance tonight...*)

:) Love you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home