eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: getting back home

Sunday, August 21, 2005

getting back home

For my last trip and a half to Houston, I have been able to fly with Angel Flight, a ministry providing air transport to medical patients. It is private pilots who volunteer their time and equipment.

It is an interesting height that single engine planes fly, around 7,000-8,000 feet. It is close enough to the ground so that it still looks like the world you know, with houses, streets, farms, feilds, etc. But it is high enough that the world looks infinite. So huge that towns look like toy sets. It's just such an amazing thing to look at for three or so hours. It's the same feeling as looking at the gigantic ocean, but rather multiplied so many times.

Flew back yesterday, and heading to Knoxville in a couple hours. I have stayed at my apartment less than 5 nights since June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home