eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: hmmmmm

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

hmmmmm

So a coulple of weeks ago I was meeting with a mother about beginning to tutor her son.  He is very intelligent, but his home life is very chaotic and he is failing.  In the middle of me telling her what I could offer her son, she out of nowhere asks me, "What do you want your life to be about?"  I managed to come up with some answer that made her smile, but I just kept thinking about that question.  I have been thinking about lots of possible career choices and I've never put into those words.  I've realized that I have such a heart for teenagers for a reason.  My tutoring is way more than helping them to make an A in Geometry.  And the question is so much more important than what I decide to do for a paycheck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home