eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: life lessons in Captain Crunch

Monday, January 23, 2006

life lessons in Captain Crunch

Last week was a crazy week. Not a lot of fun. Work was crazy hectic. Heard really bad news from my student loan people, that due to a mistaken address, I have to start paying a ton with really high interest rates.

During all of this I decided to go grocery shopping. Now I haven't done this often. Last semester, my schedule pretty much demanded that I eat fast food almost every day. So, I ate out for almost every meal. As I went from aisle to aisle, I came to the cereal aisle. I walked up and down the aisle looking for Captain Crunch's Crunch Berries about three times and couldn't find it. That cereal was a staple of my childhood, second only to my grandmother's oatmeal as my favorite breakfast. I am not going to lie...it was a personal crisis to me that there weren't any Crunch Berries. I assumed that they were no longer made and that I was never again going to have this cereal.

So I stood there in the aisle and accepted the fact that this part of my childhood was gone. In that realization, I also recognized that in the past few couple of weeks I had really been wishing my way through this semester. Just waiting for it to be over with. I decided then and there to live in this semester. To not look ahead wishing it away. It was crazy how quickly things began to change. I was able to see some fruit from my Younglife efforts (6 guys signed up to go to camp with me).

After my life lesson, I was at WalMart the next day and saw Crunch Berries. They aren't extinct. And I just finished the whole box in a couple of days.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home