eXTReMe Tracker
Help, I am stuck in a bad 80s movie: houston

Monday, December 19, 2005

houston

So...still in Houston. Got here Thursday after starting a final exam in Knoxville...leaving my students with my great friend, Cat. I drove to Gadsden as she finished giving my exam. Then rode to Birmingham...our flight was delayed 45 mins. Finally got to Houston. The rental car place told us they didn't have a car for us, unless we wanted to upgrade for more $. I argued because we had a reservation...they finally gave in...gave us the "nicest car they have" for no extra money.

Friday we were at the hospital for most of the day. Lots of tests (bone marrow biopsy, labwork, and EKG) then I saw the doctor and the research nurse for the new chemo. I started it the next morning. The funny thing is no one is allowed to touch this medicine (and I'm supposed to take this 2X a day...funny how that is).

Laura and I have seen two movies: The Family Stone and Narnia. Loved Narnia...The Family Stone is funny but has a huge serious twist that the previews don't tell you about. We also went shopping...Christmas shopping in Houston is insane.

I have felt okay. Some nausea and pretty bad headaches...but other than that nothing to speak of. I hope it doesn't worsen and it starts to work on my leukemia.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Torry,
It was good to see you and them fam' durring Christmas....Keep in touch.
Love ya
Scotty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home